This page contains some helpful information about the program and some sample content you can use as a starting point for sharing the good news.
Who we are trying to reach
We want to reach those who influence and/or make decisions regarding the placement of M&A escrows. These parties include large corporations that make acquisitions, private equity and venture capital funds, founders of companies that are being acquired, and M&A lawyers that support the previously mentioned groups. We also hope to reach professionals dedicated to philanthropic or corporate social responsibility.
Why we partnered with Pledge 1%
We’ve partnered with Pledge 1% to bring this idea to life because of their demonstrated success in engaging founders and investors as a force for good, as well as integrating philanthropy into business models around the world. Together, we’re focused on making diverse entrepreneurship thrive.
EscrowUP is a program designed to help deal parties make a positive impact by using M&A escrows to empower emerging entrepreneurs.
- This is a trailblazing program that lets those involved in M&A come together and significantly boost a diverse and talented pool of next generation entrepreneurs.
- EscrowUP provides the M&A community with an avenue to do good without any impact to the parties of the deal. With nothing but a positive impact on the lives of emerging entrepreneurs, choosing EscrowUP is a no-brainer.
EscrowUP is easy and requires no additional effort from merger parties.
EscrowUP works the same way our current M&A escrows do. The only difference is that SRS Acquiom will donate 16 basis points of return on escrow deposits to non-profit organizations that give next generation entrepreneurs a leg up.
- Merger parties are not waiving interest or making a direct charitable donation. They are selecting escrows that donate 16 basis points of yield per annum while held.
An added incentive for deal parties is positive exposure.
- SRS Acquiom will also promote the program and highlight participants.
Nonprofits supported by EscrowUP
EscrowUP supports nonprofit organizations that help emerging entrepreneurs, including women, veterans and those in emerging markets, gain access to mentors, skills, capital and the tools they need to thrive. These nonprofits include:
Since 2000, Springboard Enterprises has served as a resource hub of influencers, investors and innovators engaged in helping women build big businesses.
Endeavor helps entrepreneurs in emerging and growth markets gain access to mentors, capital and human resources so they can take their businesses global.
PATRIOT BOOT CAMP
Patriot Boot Camp (PBC) equips active duty military members, veterans, and their spouses with the education, resources and community needed to be successful technology entrepreneurs.
GIRLS WHO CODE
Girls Who Code works to educate, inspire and equip young women with the skills and resources to pursue academic and career opportunities in computing fields.
Pledge 1% empowers founders and entrepreneurs around the world to integrate giving into the culture and values of their companies.
Who's Already Supporting EscrowUP
Ron Cami: Former General Counsel at TPG
Scott Farquhar: Founder & CEO, Atlassian
Paul Hastings: Chairman & CEO, OncoMed Pharmaceuticals
Chuck Dietrich: Cofounder and CEO, Mobile Data Labs
Steve Case: Chairman & CEO, Revolution LLC; Founder & Partner, Revolution Growth; Co-Founder, America Online; Chairman, Case Foundation
Brad Feld: Managing Director, Foundry Group; Co-Founder, Techstars
Seth Levine: Managing Director, Foundry Group
SRS Acquiom will be leading the charge in launching EscrowUP on social. Below is a breakdown of our schedule, as well templates of assets you can leverage on your own channels.
- EscrowUP Pledge 1% Themed Promotional Post - 11/21 3 p.m. CT
- EscrowUP Tease Post - 11/9 3 p.m. CT
- EscrowUP Launch Post - 11/15 10 a.m. CT
- EscrowUP Promotional Post - 11/16 3 p.m. CT
Social post templates
- Proud to be supported by @srsacquiom and @pledgeone in their mission to empower #entrepreneurship through #EscrowUP http://bit.ly/2eZYryt
- #Entrepreneurs are the pulse of business. Join us in supporting @srsacquiom & @pledgeone as they introduce #EscrowUP http://bit.ly/2eZYryt
- Giving back is essential for growing businesses. Thankful for support from @srsacquiom and @pledgeone as they introduce #EscrowUP
- Finding ways to give back are essential for growing businesses. Proud to partner with @srsacquiom and @pledgeone as they introduce #EscrowUP
- Finally a way for #MnA to give back! Proud to partner with @srsacquiom and @pledgeone as they introduce #EscrowUP http://bit.ly/2eZYryt
- Kudos to @srsacquiom and @pledgeone for the way they’re empowering #entrepreneurs with #EscrowUP http://bit.ly/2eZYryt
OPTIMIZED SOCIAL IMAGES FOR TEMPLATE POSTS
Blog post templates
Empowering Unsung Innovators: A Great New Program
SRS Acquiom, an M&A service provider, in partnership with Pledge 1%, has announced an effortless way for the broader M&A community to give back. The initiative will provide funds to [insert non-profit name] among other deserving programs, all of which benefit the next group of innovators, disruptors and change makers.
The trailblazing program – EscrowUP – provides 16 basis points of return on escrow deposits to nonprofit organizations that give next generation entrepreneurs a leg up. The fellow nonprofits that benefit – Girls Who Code, Springboard Enterprises, Endeavor, Patriot Boot Camp, Pledge 1%, among others – all empower entrepreneurs that stand to provide diverse sets of ideas. The business community stands to benefit from an increasingly diverse set of ideas that come from outside our silos. Understanding differing viewpoints from diverse voices gives us all a unique perspective as entrepreneurs.
We cannot allow those that have traditionally been held back to stand back because of a lack of opportunity.
Join us in supporting this amazing cause. Spread the word.
Merging, Growing and Giving Back with EscrowUP
SRS Acquiom, in partnership with Pledge 1%, has announced an effortless way for the broader M&A community to give back. The initiative donates to [insert non-profit name], among other deserving organizations, all of which benefit the next group of innovators, disruptors and change makers.
The program – EscrowUP – is the first of its kind and uses an innovative method designated for companies in the midst of a merger. If a deal party chooses EscrowUP, SRS Acquiom donates 16 basis points of return on escrow deposits to nonprofit organizations that give next generation entrepreneurs a leg up. The program provides the M&A community with an opportunity to create meaningful impact without taking away from the bottom line.
The fellow nonprofits that benefit – Girls Who Code, Springboard Enterprises, Endeavor, Patriot Boot Camp, Pledge 1% – all empower entrepreneurs that stand to provide diverse sets of ideas. The business community stands to benefit from an increasingly diverse set of ideas. We cannot grow in a silo. Being challenged by opposing viewpoints from diverse voices gives us a unique perspective.
We cannot allow those that have traditionally been held back to stand back because a lack of opportunity. Join me in supporting this amazing cause. Spread the word. Let’s help SRS Acquiom and Pledge 1% lift up those aspiring entrepreneurs who need it most.
Below are a few resources (including the sample social images from above, that might be helpful in promoting the program.)